Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Reasons to get up in the morning: Rufio



It is not a secret. I love dogs. I always have. I started out my dog loving career before I could even remember. Our chocolate lab, Ellie (my sister wanted to name her elephant), would follow me around in my walker stealing my cheerios and constantly lick my face. We got Gus when I was in fourth grade and I loved every minute I got to spend with him. And then comes Rufio last August to my life. He has the most personality out of any dog I have ever met... plus the most amazing and comical facial expressions. He is my best four legged friend. And currently he is filling in for Matt as my protector. I cannot walk into a room without him going in first. He sits in front of whatever door I am in to protect from any intruders and he is constantly checking on me.

There are so many reasons to love Rufio. He is a little smarty pants. He gets kisses from me all the time, and reciprocates by booping me with his nose because he learned that's how humans give affection. He knows the sound of his dad's work vehicles and can hear them from inside the office. He has to pick up every stick as we pass them when we are walking. He knows how to paw at the door of the compost to get in. He wants to be friends with everyone; his interactions with other dogs at dog parks are priceless. He finally is over his "awkward teen phase" and now loves to cuddle with his mom again! He knows plenty of words, which include but aren't limited to: walk, ride, treat, hungry, thirsty, ice cream, nap and stick. And last but not least, he is just so excited to get up in the morning. It's hard to do anything but let him tackle me for the first few minutes once I get out of bed. He is a great reason to get up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment