Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

The art of being messy




There is just something about being messy. I think that is one of the many things I love about art. I'm not talking about a sink full of dirty dishes, unmade beds or un-swept floors. I am talking about dirty water jars, dried palettes, smudged lines and paint covered body parts. It's acceptable to get dirt on my face. It's acceptable to paint outside the lines I made for myself. It's acceptable to not clean the lip of my water jar or scrap my palette every time. Sometimes that's where I find the most inspiration. Where colors start to blend in a way you didn't think would work. Or when the boundaries of what the paint will do is pushed a little. And it's ok to end it with even messier lines to bring it all together. That's what I got out of working on this little painting today. It's not quite done but I still am happy with it. I haven't done any landscape type paintings in a while but why not at least give it a try again. More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment