Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm calling it...


I know, it is in fact officially Fall now but in the desert seasons don't really go by calendars. We are still pulling tomatoes out of the garden every day and there is very little end in site. But I still think I might call it. I am officially saying good-bye to Summer for this year. The few cottonwoods on our street are starting to show a little color. I have to sleep in more than just shorts and a tank top to keep warm. Fleece and cozy accessories are a necessity in the morning. Plus the most telling thing about the end of summer? The snow on the mountains. I am still dying to do one last overnight up there to do a little fishing but with some more crazy weather coming our way from the Pacific Northwest, I am doubtful. An even though I am calling it I am still going to enjoy fresh tomatoes on everything and peaches with yogurt and honey for breakfast as long as I can.

2 comments:

  1. It's always sad to say goodbye to a season. It sounds like you live in a magical place though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to say good-bye to something as wonderful as a Summer... But Fall is pretty magical as well!

      Delete