Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nightly routine



I keep reading in a few places how important it is for creatives to have a morning routine--get ready for the day and start fresh. I do long for the day when I can wake up, enjoy a coffee in my breakfast nook, take the pup for a walk and do yoga before I plug into work for the day. To me that sounds magical. But I think the nightly routine is just as important. And for now, it's something in my life that is constant and consistent. We spend time in our cozy cabin doing cozy things. Drinking chamomile lavender tea, watching an episode of something on Netflix, talking about life, cuddling with the pup and reading.

I was thinking about it the other day. When I was in college I could work right up until bed--I would literally get up from my desk chair or walk home from my studio and plop right into bed. But now that just seems so unattractive. No time to think or reflect. No time to ready yourself for another day or spend a minute doing nothing for yourself. I look forward to walking back to my cabin, lighting our fall scented candle and just enjoying that time of quiet. And that is what I am going to do soon as soon as the Tigers game is over!

Do you have something you like to do each night before bed?

No comments:

Post a Comment