Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tree rings

You can't really consider yourself an "outdoorsy" girl if you don't have a thing for trees. And I have a thing for trees. On the property I grew up on, we were starting to be taken over by a pesky invasive species that my dad spent a while trying to chop down. So we had a ton of extra wood lying around. I would climb piles of it all the time and I always found myself looking at the ends of the logs and the stumps that littered the bottom of one of our sledding hills. The rings on the inside of the trees blew my mind a little bit and I still think about that every once in a while when I have time to let my mind wander. That's where I came up with the inspiration to play around with the idea of tree rings. Just another little doodle to play around with later. I can't stop making them.


No comments:

Post a Comment