Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Favorite thing I have ever made... so far

I've made a lot of things. I used to draw my parents pictures of our family by giving a circle a face and sticks for arms and legs. I graduated to beading sometime in middle school. In high school I was drawing and taking more pictures than I knew what to do with. In college I did a little bit of everything. Now I am just trying to keep it simple with embroidery and watercolor mostly. And through all that experimentation what was the favorite thing I have made? A book. It was the last thing I did in college and even though it was just a book, it was the most time consuming project I had done up to that point. Typesetting, handwriting, binding and eventually partially destroying the book to come up with the final product: a very abridged version of Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut. It is the only piece of work I have made that I actually brought out to Utah with me. And every once in a while I will pull the now very fragile book off my bookshelf to take a look at it. I am still in love with it.











No comments:

Post a Comment