Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

List of things: May



I miss Leelanau in the summer. It is truly perfection.

As I start diving more and more into the blogging world, I've been noticing two different types of bloggers: those who are extremely personal (intimate details about their lives DAILY) and those who don't even reveal their names. Both types I understand why they do what they do. Blogging is an outlet. It is a way to connect with people. But being on the internet and running a business on it can be a scary thing. What with stolen identities and even a few people I know having larger companies steal their work to use as their own, it can be a good reason not to put too much out there. I find myself falling in-between.

I have quite a few stores that I frequent online and I keep a running cart full of things I want… or need. Or both. Even though I am saving far more than spending now, it's still fun to dream. I bet you that across all my saved shopping carts I have quite a pretty penny racked up if I hit the purchase button. Well, hello Frye boots, wide leg jeans and all that beautiful antique Navajo jewelry. You look great sitting in my cart! A girl can dream… but she also has to eat, pay bills and take care of a puppy… and save money.

After 3 years of being a pretty strict vegetarian to most of my family's dismay, I am back to eating meat. My food choices started off as a way to keep my decisions in check when surrounded by awful cafeteria food and late night romps to take-out joints in college. I don't regret a single day of it and I really don't feel like I missed out on much. But why am I coming around to meat again? Well, because I am past the point in my life where I need something to keep my habits and choices in check. I can afford good food that I am in control of making. Plus I will admit I had an OVERWHELMING craving for fish tacos this past February, which are coincidentally one of Matt's favorite foods… My diet is still very light on meat but with all the traveling I've been doing it's just easy to be able to order something other than a salad or a frozen black bean burger during a pit stop to keep me going on a long day. Now that I have been eating meat, I am a little overwhelmed with all the meals I can cook again. I seriously don't know where to start but I am DYING to cook some seafood gumbo. DYING.  D.Y.I.N.G. I might have to wait until a huge overtime paycheck comes in to feel okay about buying the ingredients for the dish. What's on my menu for this week that I have been wanting to try? Broiled chicken with satay sauce and spicy rice noodles. Heavy on the cilantro, please!

I get to go backpacking soon with Matt and Rufio. I am pretty gosh darn excited! We are headed down to Grand Staircase to spend a few days splashing around in all those hidden swimming pools and play on all those rock formations. What a great way to spend our four year anniversary together. Yup, four years together. Happy happy happy girl.

I disliked the new Gatsby movie. DISLIKED. I know, I know. After all the excitement I had built up inside me. I'm sure if I wasn't in love with the book, I could have liked the movie... maybe...

I am INCREDIBLY excited to be going back to school! I feel like I get to start over. After almost of year of not doing any art projects whatsoever, I found myself desperately missing it. After working in a non-creative job for almost two years, I find myself wanting to go back to my roots--creativity. Maybe it will happen. Maybe I will move away from something I love to do to something I love to do even more. Maybe. Obviously I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment