Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Paul Lake Adventure


Matt and I had a day off yesterday and we most definitely needed to get away. So we packed up our day packs (Rufio's too) and headed up towards Paradise Park in the Uintas to go on our first cross country navigation hike together (a.k.a. No trail used in the making of this adventure). We went towards Paul Lake and after a couple hours of boulder hopping we made it there. Matt caught the biggest brook trout he has landed and I caught my first brookie using a dry fly. A pretty perfect day. It was also the first time I got to see Rufio in action off the leash on a hike. I am always amazed how great of a trail dog he is--hopping over trees and jumping from one boulder to the next without batting an eye or second guessing himself. What a pup! (He is still tired...) 

All around a pretty fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment