Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I want to be a boat...

Check my Pinterest for source

Some days I wake up with every intention to make the most of my day. I do yoga, I enjoy a cappuccino while scratching Rufio behind the ears and talking about my day with my man, followed by some procrastination... followed by more procrastination. Since my job right now isn't all that creative and easy, I really don't have to do much thinking while I work. But at the end of the day I am so tired and all I want to do is wrap myself up in a blanket on the couch with my computer and hunker down scrolling through Pinterest, Etsy and scourer the interwebs for new blogs I can become envious of. At the end of each day I am overwhelmed with the amount of inspiration I find to live a creative life. But what have I done with that inspiration lately? Not much... It's easy to sit back and watch other people do hard work creating the life they want. Believe me, it's easy as pie. With all this technology and with no end of inspiration in site it is easy to get lost in a sea of awesome each and every day. But, pardon the AWFUL metaphor, I want to be a boat in that sea of awesome. (I'm sorry for how lame that last sentence was...)

I've finally been able to kick myself in the butt and wiggle myself into my yoga gear everyday and do work in that sense. And even though I feel tons better physically, I am drowning creatively. I need to work out more on that end of the spectrum. Creativity is a muscle after all, folks. Well... not really but you get my point. So I might not be vowing to spend all my extra time passionately creating, but I will find time each day to spend at least a little bit creating. Word. 

Do any of you feel like you are having the same problem? I feel ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment